Qualtrics Online Surveys
Qualtrics is our user-friendly, free web-based survey software available to University of Kansas faculty, staff and students. It is a sophisticated yet flexible survey service with the functionality to create professional-quality surveys and reports.
- Create surveys from scratch or use pre-made surveys.
- Edit surveys by selecting from a vast library of question types and response options.
- Incorporate skip patterns and other types of logic.
- Collaborate with multiple people in survey creation/distribution.
- Provide anonymous links or send emails with unique links for each respondent for tracking and sending reminder emails.
- Produce and edit reports in a variety of formats.
Merging existing accounts to the enterprise license
If you belong to the School of Business or School of Education, continue to access your account at the individual license addresses listed below. These licenses will be migrated to the enterprise instance at a later date.
Guidelines for Use
Use of Qualtrics Online Surveys is limited to University of Kansas staff, faculty, graduate, and undergrad students for academic and research use only.
Users of Qualtrics Online Surveys must follow these guidelines:
- Ensure their surveys are in compliance with applicable accessibility requirements and legislation.
- Survey creators should note that some Qualtrics question types do not meet common accessibility requirements. Qualtrics includes a tool that survey creators can use to check their survey for possible accessibility issues.
- Ensure compliance with Qualtrics terms of service.
- For surveys intended to go to the entire campus or a large subset of students, faculty, or staff, follow the OIRP Survey Review and Approval Process.
- Ensure copyright and other legal compliance; ensure consistency with University policy and guidelines; best practice. All KU surveys must follow guidelines provided in the KU IT Data Classification and Handling Policy:
Training and Documentation
Users seeking training and documentation are encouraged to attend the Qualtrics Live Training Webinars and refer to the Qualtrics support pages. Their support form is also available from the Help tab for logged-in users.
For KU account-related matters, please email email@example.com.